What We Offer
Since 1991, TLC has helped over 100,000 adults and children with trichotillomania, skin picking, and related disorders, their parents, friends, and families, doctors and therapists, and the media. A 501(c)(3) non-profit, we work with the world's leading researchers and clinicians to publish scientifically accurate information about trichotillomania and provide a wide range of services to our community.
- Professional Training Institute - A 4-day training institute for the therapeutic community. The world's leading treatment providers provide instruction in the most current ideas about and treatment methods for trichotillomania and related disorders, with a focus on behavioral therapy. Continuing Education credits available.
- Support Groups & Recovery Communities - We will help you find, start, or maintain in-person groups and online communities.
- TLC Elerts - A free service that alerts subscribers to breaking news in the field: research advances, media coverage, new publications, and events.
- Public Education and Awareness - We work at the national level to raise the profile of trichotillomania, skin picking, and related disorders through educational mailings, media contact, participation at medical conferences, and strategic alliances.
TLC holds educational events throughout the country. More than just informational, many participants describe them as life-changing.
- Annual Retreat - Held in late summer, this unique 4-day event features special programs for adults, parents, kids, and teens, designed to aid in living with, and healing from, trichotillomania and related disorders. The focus is on experiential learning and building a supportive community. The Retreat offers ample opportunities to talk, swim, share meals, and even sing karaoke with fellow pullers and pickers of all ages, friends and family, as well as the world's leading treatment providers.
- Annual Conference - Held in early spring, an information-packed weekend of workshops by the world's leading treatment providers and researchers, with opportunities to hear success stories and make new friends, too. Special programs for kids, teens, and parents. Continuing Education credits available for psychologists.
- Local Workshops - TLC holds one-day and half-day workshops around the country to provide information, help in recovery, and foster the formation of local support networks.
- Interactive Webinars - bringing you access to the world's top clinicians and researchers for trichotillomania and skin picking disorder, as well as fellow members of our community.Â Â Webinars will cover a wide range of topics from the latest advances in medications to helpful parenting techniques.
- Comprehensive Information Guide Members receive a disc containing PDF format of 200+ pages of the most complete information to living with, and healing from, pulling and picking, plus a PDF of the Expert Consensus Treatment Guidelines for Trichotillomania, Skin Picking and Other Body Focused Repetitive Behaviors. Preview the Table of Contents >>
- Educational Pamphlets - TLC publishes a constantly expanding variety of pamphlets targeted at the needs of specific communities.
- Treatment Guides for Clinicians - Developed by our Scientific Advisory Board, TLC offers short guides to state-of-the-art treatment of trichotillomania for adults and children and adolescents.
- InTouch Newsletter - TLC members receive a quarterly newsletter filled with articles about treatment and research, inspiring stories, and updates about events and publications.
- Books & Videos - We provide a carefully edited selection of books and videos through our online store.
- National Advocacy - Working with the National Institute for Mental Health, TLC is leading an ongoing effort to encourage research across many disciplines of study, including behavioral science, genetics, psychology, dermatology, and pharmacology.
- Vision - The annual meeting of TLC's Scientific Advisory Board brings together leading researchers and clinicians to share ideas and develop research strategies.
- Grants - TLC makes small annual grants to support research into the understanding and treatment of trichotillomania and related disorders, and provides financial and administrative support to larger collaborative research projects such as the TLC Impact Study launched in 2005.
- Collaboration - With the guidance of the Scientific Advisory Board, TLC helps researchers to reach subjects via our website, newsletter, and events.
TLC makes small annual grants (in the range of $10,000) to support research into the understanding and treatment of trichotillomania and related disorders. TLC provides financial and administrative support to collaborative research projects such as the TLC Impact Study launched in 2005. With the guidance of the Scientific Advisory Board, TLC helps researchers to reach subjects via our website, newsletter, and events.
- Mission & History
- What We Offer
- Our Founder
- Board & Staff
- Scientific Advisory Board
- TLC Blog
- Contact Us
Help yourself, Help others
Support research for a cure, treatment provider training and raise global awareness of these behaviors and receive valuable benefits and resources like: